Journeyman Bridge Blasters/Painters Needed
Currently hiring for bridge and overpass work throughout the state of Michigan.
· Abrasive blast and apply paint/coatings on bridges and overpasses.
· Working knowledge of coatings application work.
· Operate various power tools in accordance with company safety policies.
· Prepare, operate and inspect blast equipment and spray pumps.
· Ensure enough onsite material is available for the day’s operation.
· Ensure Spray Pump Operator is aware of mixing procedures for the particular coating being used.
· Understand and adhere to company safety policies and procedures.
· Adjust to work-related demands without becoming frustrated.
· Demonstrate willingness for continuous self-improvement.
· Persist at difficult tasks despite unexpected obstacles.
· Seek increased opportunities for responsibility to achieve personal growth.
· Demonstrate conscientiousness and dependability to produce results.
· Recognize company goals and maintain a good attitude
· Correspond and verbally communicate in a professional manner
· Represent Atsalis Brothers Painting in a professional manner with a high degree of respect for all existing and potential clients.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Ability to erect and dismantle scaffolds
· Ability to work at heights or in confined space
Skills and Experience required:
· Previous spray and blast experience on bridges, overpasses, tanks or water towers
· Familiar with the operating and safety procedures for plural component spray units, airless pumps
· Strong team and customer service.
· Must be a member in good standing with Painters Union or be willing to join the Painters Union
Industrial blasting and painting education and training preferred:
· SSPC CAS, SSPC Competent Person, Safway Scaffold Quikdeck Certification are a plus
· Aerial work platform, standard first aid, fall protection.
· Frequent standing and walking throughout the shift.
· Frequent climbing, stooping, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, and twisting.
· Required to lift up to 100 pounds.
· Must be able to wear a full-face respirator for extended periods.
· May be required to work in extremely tight spaces or on elevated platforms.
· Must be able to pass Pre-Employment Drug Screen
· Must be willing to work out of town for extended periods.